Monday, September 27, 2010

Kellogg's Rip Off

I asked my daughter to go to the store yesterday to get cereal, among other things. My list had "cereal-lrg BAG". She came back with two boxes. "They were on sale... two for $6" (snort. sale...yeah. But oh well... if you want something done a certain way you have to do it yourself. I didn't want to go to the store, so my bad.)

The cereal in question is Kellogg's frosted mini wheats. Blueberry and Strawberry. 16oz.

The boys each had a bowl yesterday and a bowl this morning and the box is now empty. Four bowls of cereal for $3. WTF? Granted, they were adult size bowls and they were very full... but still, four bowls? If they each had one bowl a morning, I would have to buy 15 boxes to last a month. 15 boxes of cereal at $3 each comes to $45.

Well, I won't be buying any more mini wheats. Let the boys eat eggs. I'll throw in some pine cones for the fiber.

And next time my daughter goes to the store with my money, I will be stressing BAG...BAG of cereal only!!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just bought some bicuits for our cat in a newly designed box, advertising that it uses 25% less cardboard. It is almost full - I think thats hilarious, why did they have such a huge box before?

sandy said...

testing for a comment here. Wanted to see if it goes through. If it goes through Crusty, you know I'm thinking of you. I have been blindsided for some reason by this turn of events. If ya know what I mean.

Love ya,

sandy said...

CC: Back again - I know you are aware of us all thinking of you. I know beyond a doubt you are. Just saying I wish I had known earlier than this. This just is weird.

sandy said...

How's it going where you're at. I hear you can travel quickly, by a thought.

I might stop by every day to leave you a message.

Maybe some day there might be one from you, that would freak me out a little...maybe.

sandy said...

hey, how's it going? Rain continues here and so does my mood, dark and dreary...

Wondering exactly what you are experiencing right now. Any change of dropping a message anywhere, like on my head..ha.

anyway...see ya later.

sandy said...

Hey CC, just waving at you today. The sun finally came out, thank God! I get so depressed when there is nothing but clouds.

I have read and kind of believe, that it is eternal sunshine there, a light, but different, brighter but not painful because of it's brightness. I wish I knew. see ya later.

sandy said...

Good Morning.

After reading the world news today - how depressing this is.

So all of a sudden I had a vision of a newspaper where you are at called "Heavens Headlines".

So every morning (of course for you there is no such thing as morning and night I'm guessing, but for the sake of a story, I'll say every morning there are headlines of the different activities going on where you are ...also the newest arrivals and their bios and profiles..

Heavens Headlines...hmmm I may have to sketch out some of the headlines I see.

What happens when one loves to draw and paint and then passes over to where you are. Do you continue in some way?

sandy said...

Hey, waving at ya! Busy today here..

sandy said...

sunny side up today...

and you?

sandy said...

HI Crusty. I had a long island tonight and it was good! Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi - Sunday here and the week flew by...This will be my last comment here..

Anonymous said...

oh well, decided to wave hello whereever you are. s

sandy said...

thanks for the idea...if it was really you.

sandy said...

ah ha...I remembered to stop by. hello.

Anonymous said...

top of the morning to you. My mind is open - hows about a message on what it's like there.

Anonymous said...

hey ya.

Anonymous said...

still here, are you

Anonymous said...

how is it going.

Carrie Lynne said...

LMAO! Yep, kids are real good at spending our money.

sandy said...

miss your humor.

sandy said...

Been thinking of you.

sandy said...

I'm up at Laura's and we both wanted to say hello and we miss you.

sandy said...

anything new where you are?