Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Did I Just Get Spammed? A Qwest Response

(Added later...I think I might have just gotten spammed. Shit! Now they have my phone number and address. Time will tell. damnit, damnit, damnit!)

(2nd added comment.... maybe not. maybe not scammed. Hope a hope a hope. I'm so paranoid. It seems like we're living in a world of thieves, though. Sigh.)

In case you are like me and normally do not read blog comments I thought it only fair to point out that Qwest responded to my rant (see post below for rant.) Imagine my surprise to see a comment from Steph Lake, Manager of 'talk to us' dept. at Qwest. (I wonder if Steph is a real person or just a name used. Doesn't matter to me, though. I was just wondering.)

Great PR and marketing tool... that personal touch. And completely unexpected since its coming from a large corporation. It impressed the heck outta me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I am impressed! Sadly Qwest doesn't operate over here but I would love to see BT personally following my blogs and ffering to help!